County Planner II
St. Charles County
St. Charles, MO United States
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position which includes a full range of benefits including Paid Time Off, Extended Medical Leave, Holidays, Employee Health, Dental, Life, Disability, Retirement, and Tuition Assistance programs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The purpose of this position is to provide intermediate-level work primarily serving the Division’s current planning and grants management functions. The work is performed under the direction of the Planning and Zoning Division Director.
• Processes primarily residential permit applications, including zoning compliance for building, floodplain development, and land use permits, as assigned.
• Processes boundary adjustment, minor plat, and subdivision plat applications as assigned.
• Prepares memoranda and other packet materials in support of the Planning and Zoning Commission, as assigned.
• Carries out zoning enforcement and compliance within assigned areas of the unincorporated County.
• Processes floodplain development and site plan permit applications, as assigned.
• Assists customers with understanding and navigating County permit requirements, standards, and processes.
• Provides staff support to the Domestic Violence Board; processes grant applications made through the Board; and monitors agencies for contract compliance.
• Provides staff support to the Commission on Housing Assistance.
• Administers the County’s directional signage program.
• Provides research and technical analysis for the Division Director to inform policy making, program design, and ordinance preparation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Geography or related field.
• A valid motor vehicle operator’s license required.
• 3 years planning experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must be proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and able to utilize GIS applications.
• Employment is contingent on successfully passing a full criminal background check.
TO APPLY: All applications must be submitted only through our Self-Service Website at https://hr.sccmo.org/mss/employmentopportunities/default.aspx. We do not accept faxed, e-mailed or print applications.
Applications will be accepted on a continuing basis until the position is filled or a sufficient number of qualified candidates have applied.
St. Charles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. St. Charles County is a drug and alcohol-free workplace. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all positions.