Transportation Planner Series
Missouri Department of Transportation
Springfield, MO United States
The transportation planner conducts transportation planning studies, including data collection, analysis, and reporting, related to all modes of transportation. Responsibilities are performed under moderate supervision
This opening is for one of our CAREER-LADDER positions which offers the opportunity for career advancement without having to participate in the competitive selection interview process. Based on your work experience, skills, and education, you will be hired at either the entry, intermediate, or senior level of this job title. As you continue to learn, acquire new skills, and gain experience, you can be promoted to a higher-level position.
- Division: Transportation
- Job Title Code: R05856 / R05798 / R05815
- Hiring Supervisor: Frank Miller
- Salary Grade: 12 / 14 / 15
- Semi-monthly pay: $1875.64 / $2084.94 / $2199.55
A day in the life:
- Studies objectives and methods of collection, analysis, and reduction of data on assigned projects.
- Conducts research to gather information, reviews information to ensure validity of materials, and prepares analyses of the collected data.
- Develops recommendations and prepares projected data; maintains programs, databases, and historical files of related data.
- Serves as a liaison between the department and local agencies, regional planning commissions, metropolitan planning organizations, and the general public, and provides assistance in developing and meeting local, regional, and statewide transportation goals.
- Administers federal funds for various projects, which includes reviewing program requirements, documents, and data, calculating and monitoring funding levels, and obligating funds.
What you’ll need for success:
- Bachelor's Degree: Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration, Transportation, Planning, Economic Development, or related field
Special working conditions and job characteristics:
- Job requires occasional, statewide, overnight travel.
Why you’ll love MoDOT:
- You’ll play a key role in maintaining the seventh-largest highway system in the United States.
- You’ll receive training opportunities and a chance to further your career.
- You’ll be able to take advantage of many benefits for you and your family while providing service to others in a culturally diverse workplace. Visit our CAREERS page to explore all we have to offer.
At MoDOT, we value team players who are open-minded and work well with others to accomplish goals and fulfill our mission of safety, service, and stability. We see the growth of our team members as an investment, both in MoDOT’s future and yours. If you’re looking for diverse opportunities, challenging work and a family-friendly environment, we want to talk to you about joining our winning team.
Are you interested?
MoDOT operates on shared values and your success in our organization depends upon modeling these values. CLICK HERE to view our mission, values, and tangible results. If you embrace these values, we welcome you to apply.
For questions about this position or the status of your application, please e-mail: SWHR@modot.mo.gov.
Your application and ALL requested documents must be received by the closing date on the job posting.
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.