City Planning Manager Assistant Director Community Development
City of Blue Springs
Blue Springs, MO United States
As the Senior member of the Planning Division in the Community Development Department at the City of Blue Springs, you will join a vibrant team of professionals. This position is flexible in terms of being a great opportunity for either a current Planning Manager or Supervisor OR a seasoned and experienced Planner looking to make the transition into a leadership role.
The key duties for this position include:
- Managing the Planning Division, including development review process, long-range comprehensive and area planning, CDBG activities, historic preservation, Main Street, and downtown activities.
- Making presentations and providing advice to the City Council, Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment, Historic Preservation Commission, and other similar groups.
- Assists in the development and implementation of operational policies for the preparation of the department's fiscal and program budget; develops, reviews, and analyzes programs and special projects to assess effectiveness.
- Participates in the review and approval of development proposals; oversees enforcement of City zoning, subdivision, and planning codes; as well as application review and conditions of approval; oversees and/or performs field inspections for the planning division as necessary.
Coordinates with other departments involved in the development review process in order to ensure a uniform planning product; participates in staff meetings and conferences.
- Confers with citizen groups, applicants, and/or their representatives regarding the implementation of ordinances and other laws applicable to property development.
- Facilitates the communication of information regarding new legislation and current trends and practices in professional planning to staff.
- Participates in the recruiting and selection of team members evaluates performance and provides feedback. Acts in place of the Community Development Director in his or her absence; oversees administrative procedures as directed.