City of Belton, MO
Belton, MO United States
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all team members in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Responds to phone inquiries related to planning and zoning matters; researches and provides answers to inquiries and/or resolves issues.
- Develops and conducts research, planning, and technical analysis of planning projects and studies; prepares staff and develops work programs related to assigned projects; and gathers, analyzes, and presents data in the form of written, graphic or oral reports.
- Conducts field inspections for zoning violations, final inspections and special projects.
- Conducts plan reviews and zoning permit reviews for sign, fence, special use permits, temporary use permits, and zoning compliance letters; provides assistance to developers and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure that stipulations are included and implemented.
- Attends various meetings representing the planning functions for the City; and speaks at neighborhood and other public meetings.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Belton and residents by providing excellent customer service; promotes the City goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures; maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, client records and City information; and performs related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that job duties are completed in strict adherence to established safe work practices.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Urban or City Planning, Engineering, Public Administration, or related field and four years of responsible planning experience in a public sector organization; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.