City of Kirkwood
Kirkwood, MO United States
JOB OPENING || CITY OF KIRKWOOD
PLANNER I, FULL-TIME
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
- Evaluates land use proposals and development permits for conformity to established plans and ordinances.
- Assists the general public, builders, developers and other staff members by responding to planning, zoning and land use related questions.
- Prepares reports on planning and development issues, including special use permits, rezoning petitions, site plans, subdivision plats, etc.
- Provides support to Planner II and the Director of Planning & Development in their roles as staff liaison to various boards and commissions.
- Assists and provides support and information to Board of Adjustment, Planning and Zoning Commission, and other Boards or Commissions as assigned.
- Assists the Director of Planning & Development in review of the city’s Comprehensive Plan and its continued implementation.
- Performs research, data collection, and analysis; prepares reports and studies; performs special projects as assigned; proposes changes in City code and regulations.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree or major course works in land-use planning, urban planning, or a related field.
- Experience working in municipal planning desirable.
- A valid Driver’s License.
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week Monday through Friday (8am to 5pm) with evening meetings and other hours as assigned. Frequent evening meetings to be expected.
Work is performed mostly in an office setting. Some outdoor work is required in the inspection of various land use developments and construction sites. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities required to use close and distance vision, color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
STARTING SALARY: $60,635 - $73,375, DOQ, per year plus excellent benefits. Apply by February 26, 2021.
To apply: Complete the electronic employment application on City’s website under “employment”. OR: A paper application can be picked up at Kirkwood City Hall, 139 South Kirkwood Road, 63122 OR: call 314-984-6975 to have one e-mailed, mailed, or faxed to you. Return paper applications to: Attn: Human Resources, at the address listed above.
PERSONS REQUIRING AN ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR A JOB OPENING SHOULD CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 314-822-5809.
THE CITY OF KIRKWOOD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.