Transportation Planner II
SAINT LOUIS, MO United States
Lochmueller Group has an excellent career opportunity for a Transportation Planner II to join our growing firm in the greater St. Louis region. Lochmueller is a regional engineering, planning and environmental firm with an emphasis on infrastructure. We provide multi-disciplined services for a variety of public agencies and private entities, including transportation design; water resource design; environmental analysis & permitting; construction engineering & inspection; traffic engineering & transportation planning; and land acquisition & appraisal.
The Transportation Planner will support all activities of comprehensive plans; transportation plans; corridor, transit, pedestrian & bicycle studies; geographic information systems; travel demand models; traffic impact and traffic calming studies; parking studies; and other planning-oriented projects within the scope of the Traffic Engineering and Planning Department.
The ideal candidate should have a Masters (preferred) or a Bachelors in Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Geography, Environmental Science or related field, along with at least 2 to 7 years of urban or transportation planning experience with an engineering/planning consulting firm, metropolitan or local planning agency, or state department of transportation. In this position, the candidate will:
· Be responsible for the completion of assigned tasks within a project and may be responsible for the completion of a project phase or entire project if assigned.
· Assist project manager and project team with technical activities of various community and transportation planning projects.
· Facilitate and participate in project meetings with multi-disciplinary project team, client, stakeholders, public and others.
· Responsible for the development of reports, graphics, exhibits, documentation, materials and any other information required to document the results of the study or project.
· Develop presentations to summarize project results.
· Supervise and participate in the collection, assimilation and analysis of the data, information and documentation for the study or project.
· Utilize geographic information systems to collect, display, and evaluate information, including utilizing scripting to manipulate and process geographic data.
· Supervise and assist with the creation of travel demand model inputs including transportation network layers and traffic analysis zone layers.
· Analyze and prepare planning elements that are part of typical planning-oriented studies, such as demographic analysis, environmental assessment, multimodal plans, land use, housing, etc.
· Complete various other duties as needed and/or assigned.
In addition, proficiency with GIS, Adobe Creative Suite, along with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required. Programming abilities such as Python or GISDK are desired. Strong communication skills both written and verbal, along with the ability to work well individually or as part of a team is essential. Must be self-motivated with respect to prioritization and activity completion in an efficient and timely manner. An ability to develop innovative, well-supported solutions to complex and controversial problems and good interpersonal communications skills are critical. Should have the ability to obtain American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) Certification, Professional Transportation Planner Certification, or other similar registration. Valid driver’s license is required.
Benefits: Lochmueller Group is now an Employee Owned Company and we would be excited to have you to join our talented group of employee-owners! In addition to our ESOP, we provide a 401(k) plan, rich coverage for major medical insurance, basic life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, generous vacation and sick leave, Student Loan Repayment benefit, and several others.
CARDIA: Means “from the heart” and it’s what our values and culture represent here at Lochmueller Group. Creativity; Accountability; Respect; Dedication; Integrity; Achievement – that’s what sets us apart from the others!
Lochmueller Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Lochgroup fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.