Missouri Department of Transportation
Jefferson City, MO United States
This position provides customer support for Transportation Management System (TMS) users, conducts testing of TMS applications, works with IS developers to coordinate monthly TMS updates, creates training manuals and conducts TMS training, and provides custom data requests for both internal and external customers. Knowledge of TMS and mapping applications is beneficial.
Experience with conducting training (both in person and by video conference) and creating training manuals is beneficial. Customer service experience is beneficial. Job requires a few hours of weekend work once a month. Job requires occasional, statewide, overnight travel.
Examples of work include:
- Studies objectives and methods of collection, analysis, and reduction of data on assigned projects.
- Conducts research to gather information, reviews information to ensure validity of materials, and prepares analyses of the collected data.
- Develops recommendations and prepares projected data; maintains programs, databases, and historical files of related data.
- Serves as a liaison between the department and local agencies, regional planning commissions, metropolitan planning organizations, and the general public, and provides assistance in developing and meeting local, regional, and statewide transportation goals.
- Administers federal funds for various projects, which includes reviewing program requirements, documents, and data, calculating and monitoring funding levels, and obligating funds.
- Queries, analyzes, and summarizes multiple forms of data for department staff and government officials.- Prepares reports based on results of studies and investigations.
- Performs other responsibilities as required or assigned.